Yield: 8 burritos (4 servings)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) refriend beans
- 8 large burrito shells
- 1/2 lb. cheese, shredded
- Butter or margarine
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with the spices. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the skillet and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Heat the refried beans in a medium pot over low heat.
- Divide the beans, meat, vegetables, and cheese evenly among the eight burrito shells. Fold.
- Brush a light layer of butter or margarine onto the burritos. This will help it crisp when cooking.
- Place the burritos on the grills, seam side down, and cook over medium heat until the shells start to brown (about 3-5 minutes). Repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot.