Yield: 14 bites (4-5 servings)
- 2 yellow, firm bananas
- Milk chocolate, melted
- Rainbow-colored nonpereils
- Ice Cream
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries, patted dry
- You'll notice in my picture that my cherries weren't dry and it therefore was a pain to balance them on the whipped cream. Learn from my mistake.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 1-inch sections.
- Dip the end of each banana section into the chocolate. Dip into the nonpereils and then place on wax paper to set.
- Once set, use a small paring knife to hollow out a hole in the center of each.
- Fill the hollow centers with ice cream. This is the most difficult part of the recipe. I ended up using softened ice cream a a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon to do it.
- Put the bananas into the freezer. Store until right before serving.
- Immediately before serving, remove from the freezer and put a small scoop of ice cream on top of each banana piece. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Adapted from Bakers Royale.