Yield: 18 brownies
- Cookie dough
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips
- 9 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 box brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spread 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9" x 9" silicone baking pan. The rest is unused, so you can eat it or bake it into cookies.
- Unwrap your nine peanut butter cups and arrange them on top of the cookie dough in a 3x3 grid. Gently press them into the dough about halfway.
- Pour the brownie batter over top of the peanut butter cups and smooth out to the edges.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. (Be sure to not hit the center of a peanut butter cup.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cool, cut into nine squares such that each one has a peanut butter cup. Then cut each square in half diagonally to revel the peanut butter cup.
- Serve with ice cream. And hope they live up to their name.
Adapted from My Pampered Kitchen Adventures.