Yield: 7-8 servings
- Half head of green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 very large potato, cut into 1.25" cubes
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 400g rice cakes. (Not those crispy things that taste like cardboard)
- 4 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 tbsp red chili paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Cooked rice
- Chop the vegetables and set aside.
- For the sauce, combine the chili paste, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, water, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a large wok, cook the vegetables and chicken in some oil over medium heat until the chicken looks cooked.
- Add the sauce and green onions and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and the sauce thickens, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Serve hot over rice.