Yield: 10 servings
- 2 boxes (7.25 oz. each) macaroni and cheese
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. shredded cheese
- Boil the macaroni according to box directions. Drain. Do not mix in the cheese powder yet.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and onion. Drain excess fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked beef & onion, tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, and spices. Add the drained macaroni and mix well.
- Stir in the contents of the cheese packets and the sour cream.
- Bake at 350°F in a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
Adapted from Taste of Home.