Yield: 4 servings
- 50g fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 thai chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp sugar
- Black pepper
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Cooked white rice
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy wok. Add the ginger, garlic, and chillies. Stir fry until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add the chicken. Stir fry until cooked.
- Add the sugar, cilantro, black pepper, and soy sauce. Stir fry until well mixed.
- Serve hot over rice.
Adapted from The Complete Vietnamese Cookbook.