The next time I make these, I might try some melted caramel in the middle...
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter, sugar, and water in a saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat.
- Add in the 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until the chips are melted and fully mixed. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking soda. Stir until mixed. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Grease a muffin tin. Divide the batter evenly amongst the 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350°F for 13-14 minutes, until a toothpick comes out slightly wet. Cool on a wire rack.
- As they cool, the centers will start to drop. Use the back of a teaspoon to further enlarge the center cavity as they're cooling.
- Once fully cooled, place the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt. Spoon melted peanut butter into the center of the brownie cups. Garnish with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Let stand until fully cooled.
Adapted from Bake or Break.