Yield: 4 servings
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Brown bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon.
- Add butter to the bacon drippings. Sauté the garlic, shallot, pepper, and jalapeno until lightly browned. Turn heat to high and add corn and cook, stirring often, for six minutes.
- Add the scallions and stir well. Season with salt & pepper.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and cooking spray. Toss the shrimp with the oil and cajun seasoning. Arrange on the baking sheet and broil on high for three minutes. Flip and broil the other side for three minutes.
- Serve the maque choux with the shrimp and bacon on top.
Adapted from Serious Eats.