Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning
- 16 oz. frozen corn
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 can (12 oz.) black beans (drained)
- 1 lb shredded cheese, divided
- 16 oz. frozen tater tots
- 1 can (10 oz.) red enchilada sauce, divided
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning, corn, diced jalapenos, and black beans. Cook over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef mixture with the cheese, reserving 1 cup of cheese. Add the tater tots and mix well.
- Grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish. Spread half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add the beef mixture and press flat. Drizzle the top with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Blog Chef.