Yield: 2 servings
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 venison steak, 12 oz.
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 of a large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet.
- Season both sides of your venison with salt & pepper. Cook in the butter briefly to brown both sides. Remove the vension.
- Add the onions and cook over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned.
- Mix together the flour and beef broth until smooth. Add to the onions and stir together. Remove from the heat.
- Add the rosemary and mushrooms, stirring together until well mixed. Place the venison in the sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 60-75 minutes, until a thermometer in the center reads 160°F.
Adapted from About Food.