Yield: 2 loaves
- 6 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, warmed to make it liquid
- You can substitute olive oil if you cannot find coconut oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup whole millet
- Mash the bananas in the bottom of your mixing bowl. Add the eggs & oil and beat together.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix just until moistened. Stir in the millet.
- Grease the bottoms only of two 9" bread pans. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.