Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. skineless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 lb. andouille sausage
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled with tails removed
- Cooked rice
- Place the vegetables into the slow cooker. Add the chicken broth and chicken breast.
- Cut the sausage along the length into quarters. Slice. Add sausage, tomatoes with juice, and spices to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Adapted from Allrecipes.