Yield: 8 servings
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, and oil. Mix well. Pour into the greased slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until completely smooth. Let stand until it begins to thicken, 2-4 minutes. Gently pour over the cake batter, completely covering it.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pudding, completely covering.
- Cook on high heat for 2.5 - 3.0 hours, until the cake is cooked and moist crumbs stick to a toothpick. Serve hot, optionally with ice cream.
Adapted from Taste of Home.