Yield: 6 servings
- 1 box (16.5 oz) devil's food cake
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 carton (12 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 package (14.3 oz) Oreos, divided
- Whipped cream
- Prepare the cake according to package directions. Bake in two 9" round pans and cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice the cakes horizontally into 2-3 layers. (3 is tough, but doable) Using a round cutter or glass, cut circles out of the cake. Set aside.
- Reserve 6 Oreos. Coarsely chop the remaining oreos. Divide the larger pieces from the dust. (I got about a 50/50 split)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Whisk until it begins to thicken. Fold in the oreo crumbs/dust and the Cool Whip. (It'll start out looking yellow, but don't worry: once you fold in the Cool Whip it'll turn white)
- In six glasses, layer between the coarsely chopped Oreos, the vanilla pudding, and the cake. Make sure the top layer is chopped Oreos.
- Top each glass with whipped cream and the reserved Oreo cookies.
Adapted from here.