Yield: 6 servings.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- Cooked rice
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Put the flour and black pepper in a large, resealable ziploc bag. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry the breaded chicken in batches until the outside is brown. Place cooked chicken in the crock pot. (It took me 4 batches and I have a big wok)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Once the chicken is fully cooked, stir in the cashews and let cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with sliced green onions.
Adapted from Blog Chef.