Yield: 8 burritos
- 1 boneless pork roast (3 lbs). (I used pork shoulder)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cajun
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tso crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- Large flour tortillas
You can also try other toppings, such as cheese, freshly diced tomatoes, sour cream, lettuice, or anything else you can dream up!
- Trim excess fat off of roast. Cut the roast in half and place in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, taco seasoning, & minced garlic. Spread over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until the meat is fully cooked.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker. Shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Dump the fluid out of the slow cooker. Add the beans, chilies, and shredded pork. Stir together, cover, and heat on low.
- Meanwhile, saute the bell peppers and white onion in a skillet.
- To make the tacos, place some pork mixture down the middle of a tortilla. Top with peppers & onions and salsa. Wrap up and enjoy!
Adapted from All Recipes and Taste of Home.