Yield: 2 servings
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz. grated cheese
- Cheddar is best. I used mozarella because I had some in the fridge that needed to be used. Really, you can use any hard cheese that you like.
- Melt the butter in a 12" cast iron skillet . Add the potatoes and cook over medium-high heat until they turn golden brown. Stir in the parsley, seasoned salt, and garlic.
- Make two wells in the potatoes and add two eggs to each hole.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 9-11 minutes, until the egg white is set. Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for one minute to melt.
- Serve immediately while it's still hot.
Adapted from Taste of Home.