Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pie crust
- 1 bag (12 oz.) cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1/3 cup water
- 7 large pears, skinned and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tso salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- Place the pie crust in a 9" round pie plate. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, combine the cranberries, sugar, tapioca, and water. Bring to a boil and cook until all of the berries have popped.
- Add in the pear slices. Simmer until the pears are tender. Remove from the heat and cool in a bath of ice water.
- For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and oats. Cut in the butter.
- Pour the fruit filling into the baked pie shell. You'll have extra, so don't overfill it. (You can see what happens to an overfilled pie by looking at my pictures)
- Top with the crumble topping.
- Bake at 375°F for 45-55 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.