Yield: 16 servings
- 16 tbsp butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups powdered cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 tsp orange brandy flavoring
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large pot. Add the sugar and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and flavoring. Mix well.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour into an 8"-square silicone baking pan. Bake at 330°F for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares. Serve at room temperature.
Adapted from A New Old-Fashioned Gal.