Yield: 5 servings
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. shredded mozarella cheese
- 4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta al dente. Set aside.
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stem, scraping out the gills, and slicing.
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in the garlic and butter. Add the garlic and cook one more minute. Add the flour and toss to coat.
- Add the milk & whipping cream. Increase the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to thicken. Add the turkey, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and and add to the skillet. Add the mozarella Mix well.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Adapted from Taste of Home.