Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cleaned and cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 packages (14 oz. each) kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the red potatoes until tender. Drain.
- In a cast iron skillet, sautee the sausage and onion in the oil until the sausage is lightly browned. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the potatoes in the skillet. Sautee for 5-6 minutes. Remove to the mixing bowl.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and pepper. Pour into the mixing bowl. Add the crumbled bacon and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Taste of Home.