Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi
- 3 ears of corn
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. mushrooms, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Boil the corn. Remove from the water and cut the corn off the cobs.
- In a small saucepan, combine the half-and-half, cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, basil, black pepper, and red pepper. Cook over low heat until the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the reserved pasta water and increase heat to medium. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked gnocchi, corn, mushrooms, and cream sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Baking with Blondie.