Yield: 2 loaves
- 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 tbsp wheat gluten
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cups raisins
- Combine two cups of the flour with the milled flax seed, wheat gluten, and yeast. Add the warm water and mix well until you have a thick goo.
- Add the sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts. Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a dough forms and pulls away from the side of the bowl. Knead for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 60 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and split into two halves. With each half, roll out on a floured countertop and roll into a loaf. Pinch the seam closed and place in a greased 9" bread pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 60-70 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.