Yield: About 140 pieces
- 130g butter
- 100g fondant
- 10g fresh lemon zest
- 510g white chocolate, tempered
- 40g lemon juice
- Dark chocolate for dipping
- Lemon Sugar
- 30g coarse sanding sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, fondant, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add the white chocolate and blend thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice and blend thoroughly. Mix for 5-6 minutes until it begins to stiffen.
- Fill a pastry bag with a 1G tip. (Big round tip)
- Pipe long lines of the same width onto parchment paper. Let sit until it has set. If it doesn't set then move to the fridge for a few minutes.
- Remove the logs from the parchment paper and precoat the bottom with dark chocolate. Cut into 1" pieces.
- For the lemon sugar, combine the sanding sugar with lemon zest. Place on a cookie sheet in an oven at low temperature to dry it out. (About 20-25 minutes)
- Dip the lemon logs in dark chocolate. Sprinkle with lemon sugar before the chocolate sets.
Adapted from Chocolates & Confections.