Yield: 6 servings
2 tbsp oil
6 pork chops (2.5 lbs total)
2 can (10.75 oz.) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 can (15.50 oz.) kidney beans, drained
1 large red onion, sliced
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cajun seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet. Over medium heat, brown the pork chops on both sides. (You don't have to cook them through, just the outside)
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and pour out the oil. Mix the soup, beans, onion, and seasonings and spread across the bottom of the skillet. Place the pork chops on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes.
- While it's cooking, cut the pepper into six rings.
- Remove the foil and place a ring on top of each pork chop. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops with the chili on the side.
Adapted from Taste of Home.