Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine the cheese, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Grease an 8" round baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the potato slices. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat for the second layer. Layer the third layer of potatoes, pour cream over the top, and then sprinkle with last 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 65 minutes. Uncover and continue baking at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, until the top starts to brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home.