Yield: 55 pieces
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp butter
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- Pepperoni, thinly sliced. About 55 slices
- 2 cups marinara sauce for dipping
- For the dough, combine 1 cup flour with the sugar, salt, and yeast. Add the oil and water and mix thoroughly.
- Add enough reamining flour to form a dough. Knead for 5 minutes and then place in a warm place to rise until doubled (about 45 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and garlic. Brush on the edges of the bundt pan.
- Punch the dough down. Tear off small pieces and lay them flat on the counter. Place a slice of pepperoni and cube of cheese on each piece and fold over to completely seal. Brush with garlic butter and place in the bundt pan.
- Continue until all ingredients have been used. If you have extra butter then pour over the top of the dough.
- Place in a warm place to rise, about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
- Fill a small bowl with marinara sauce and place in the middle.
Adapted from The Sweets Life.