Yield: 44 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar for rolling
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloved, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, molasses, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and roll in the sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until the tops begin to crack.
- Remove from the oven and let stand on the cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes. Move to a wire rack to finish cooling.