Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pie crust
- Egg wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Place pie crust in 9" pie place. Mix together the egg and water for the egg wash, and brush over the crust.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over low heat in a small saucepan, stirring frequently.
- While the chocolate is meltig, combine the corn syrup, eggs, molasses, vanilla, and salt. Add in the melted chocolate/butter and chopped pecans. Pour into the pie crust.
- Arrange the pecan halves on top of the pie.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.