Yield: About 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp anise extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- Melted confectionary coating, for dipping
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add in eggs and extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each into a 12" x 2" rectangle on parchment-paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks just until cool enough to touch. Cut into 3/4 inch slices and return to baking sheets, cut side down. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Flip each biscuit to place the other cut side down, and bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt the confectionary coating. Dip each biscotti, allow the excess to drip off, and then place on wax paper to set.
- Store in an airtight container.