Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb. cheese, shredded, divided
- 2-4 jalapeno peppers, diced
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, cream, eggs, and butter. Mix well. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cheese and the jalapenos. Stir to mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9" cake pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.