- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus extra
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 2 large pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Powdered sugar
- Grease a 9" tart or pie dish. Dust with sugar instead of flour.
- In mixing bowl, whip the butter, eggs, and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. (3-5 minutes)
- Add the flour, cream, vanilla, lemon zest, salt, and cognac. Mix on slow speed. Let rest for ten minutes.
- Place the sliced apples and pears in the prepared pie or tart dish. Pour the batter over the fruit -- it should come right to the top edge of the fruit.
- Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve luke warm or at room temperature. Dust with powdered sugar when serving.