Yield: 15 rolls
- 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp wheat gluten
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins and/or pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 tsp milk
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour with the sugar, gluten, salt, and yeast. Add the milk, butter, and egg. Mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 6-8 minutes. Cover and place in a warm place to rise for 90 minutes.
- Punch down the dough. Roll on a floured surface to 15" x 10".
- For the filling, spread the melted butter over the dough. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and pecans. Sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll the dough up starting on the 15" edge. Pinch the seam and ends closed.
- Use dental floss to cut into 15 slices, 1" in thickness each. Place in a greased 9" x 13" pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 340°F for 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool for ten minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the icing. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.