Yield: 3 Dozen Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 9 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring until well mixed. It will become a soft dough.
- Roll into 1 1/4 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Gently depress a small amount, but don't flatten.
- Bake at 335°F for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- When fully cooled, dust the cookies with powdererd sugar and then brush off the excess. The sugar will stick in the cracks, giving them a decorative look.