Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can great northern beans (15 oz.)
- 2 cans cannellini beans (15 oz. each)
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (11 oz.)
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cajun
- 1/2 tsp garlic pwder
- 2 tsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1.5 lbs. pepperjack cheese, grated, divided
- Blue corn chips
- In large skillet, brown beef. Remove from skillet.
- In beef fat, saute onion until tender. Drain the fat and place onions in blender.
- Drain the beans and add to the blender.
- Add the chipotle peppers and adobe sauce to the blender along with tahini. Puree until smooth.
- Combine beef and beans in a large mixing bowl. Add the spices and 1/2 lb cheese. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with corn chips.