- Tart Shells
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups raisins
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts
- (optional) 1/4 tsp irish cream extract
- Place the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor and pulse together. Add the butter and process until it resembles a crumbly meal. Add the water through the feed tube while processing.
- Remove the dough from the processor and turn on a lightly floured surface. Group into a ball, flatten, and then store in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface. Cut 24 4-inch circles from the dough. Place each in a muffin tin, being careful to avoid air pockets underneath. Press to smooth.
- For the filling, cream the brown sugar, eggs, and butter. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Fill each tart shell 3/4 full (you should have have just enough).
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes. Watch them closely -- they can burn quickly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.