Yield: 8 slices
- 2.5 - 3.0 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.25 tsp yeast
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/4 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 5 oz pepperoni, sliced
- For the crust, combine 1 cup of flour with the sugar, salt, and yeast. Add the oil and water and mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a dough and knead for 6-8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Grease a baking stone and sprinkle with corn meal. Roll the dough out into a 12-inch circle and place on the stone. Let rise until doubled (30-45 minutes). Bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine the tomato sauce with the Tabasco, cajun, red pepper, and caribbean jerk. Spread over the partially baked crust. Sprinkle with the cheddar. Sprinkle with 3/4 of the mozzarella.
- Arrange the mushrooms on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. If desired, arrange strands of mozzarella on the crust in a decorative pattern. Arrange the pepperoni slices on top.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes. Let stand for ten minutes before serving.