Yield: 50 candies
- Approximately 3 pounds dark chocolate
- You can use confectionary coating if you prefer to not temper chocolate
- 50 foil cups, 1 1/4-inch diameter
- Banana Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/2 cup banana nectar
- 6 ounces invert syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Melt & temper the chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon, fill ten cups with chocolate. Then, in the same order that you filled them, invert each over the bowl of chocolate to pour out the excess, leaving a thin chocolate shell. Place each on a wire rack to set.
- Repeat step #2 until all cups have been coated in chocolate.
- To make the banana fluff, puree the mashed bananas in a food processor. Set aside.
- Combine the banana nectar, marshmallow syrup, and sugar in a medium pot. Warm over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Cook to 260ºF.
- While it's cooking, combine the egg whites and salt. Whip to medium peaks.
- Remove the sugar from the heat and let stand for three minutes. Add slowly to the egg whites, whipping continuously. Once added, whip for five minutes.
- Add the banana puree and whip for 3 more minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave. Pipe a small amount into the bottom of each cup.
- Fill each cup with banana fluff, leaving approximately 3 millimeters of space at the top.
- Fill each cup with chocolate to seal and finish.