Yield: 8 servings.
- Pastry for double pie crust
- 5 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp orange extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Line a 9-inch baking plate with with the bottom pastry.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon, and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt. Add to the peach mixture and toss gently to coat. Pour into pie crust.
- Cut the butter into smaller pieces and dot the peach filling.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut into strips. Arrange in a lattice pattern.
- Trim and flute the edges of the pie. Line the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then store in the refrigerator.