Yield: 9 servings
IngredientsIf using frozen fruit, thaw completely and drain fluid before using. Do not, however, push fluid out of the fruit.
- Pastry for two pie crusts
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Line your pie plate with the first pastry shell.
- Mix sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the fruit and toss to coat fully. If you do it right then it should come out looking a little slimy.
- Spoon the filling into the pie shell. Dot with the pieces of butter.
- Cut the second pastry shell into narrow strips. Arrange in a lattice on top of the fruit filling.
- Trim and flute the edges of the pie. Cover the crust with strips of aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425ºF for 40 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least two hours before serving. Stor in the refrigerator.