Yield: 10 servings
- 16 oz rotini (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz sausage, sliced
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1" strips
- 1/2 white onion, cut into slices
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 lb romano cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute asparagus in butter for three minutes.
- Add mushrooms & saute another 2 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper, onion, and spices. Add the cream & wine and bring and simmer until it begins to thicken.
- Drain pasta and place in large mixing bowl. Add vegetable/sauce mixture and cheese. Toss to combine. Serve hot.