Yield: 81 pieces
IngredientsYou must use real, tempered chocolate for the centers. For dipping, you can use dark confectionary coating if you prefer.
- 79g butter, softened by letting it sit at room temperature
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- 62g molasses
- 225g milk chocolate, melted and tempered
- 200g white chocolate, melted and tempered
- 3 g anise oil
- Dark chocolate for dipping, melted and tempered
Gingerbread SpiceThis will make about 10x more than you need. You can use the leftover for other things, like making gingerbread cookies.
- 10g ground cinnamon
- 17g ground ginger
- 3g ground nutmeg
- 2g ground cloves
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, gingerbread spice, and molasses until smooth.
- Stir in the tempered milk chocolate and white chocolate, mixing well. Add the anise oil.
- Spread into a 9" x 9" silicone pan. Leave it alone until it has set.
- Silicone is good for this because nothing sticks to it. If you were hardcore then you'd get a candy-making frame, but most of us don't do this enough to bother.