Yield: 16 servings
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups Andes mint chips
- In saucepan, melt butter over low heat. When completely melted, stir in the sugar. Cook over medium heat until it is well mixed but hasn't yet boiled. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and mint chips. Mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 9" x 9" baking pan for thick brownies, or 9" x 13" for normal brownies.
- Bake at 335ºF for 40-50 minutes for thick brownies, 30-40 minutes for normal. Use a toothpick to check when they're done.
- Cool completely on wire rack before serving.