- 1 cup of dry rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4-6 chicken breast halves
- 4-6 oz. mushrooms
- 8 oz. swiss cheese
- Prepare the rice according to instructions on package. Spread into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup on top of the rice. As much as possible, try to make it a layer on top of the rice.
- Briefly cook the chicken breast halves in a skillet. You don't need to cook them through, just a minute or so on each side.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the rice.
- Slice the mushrooms. Spread them on top of the chicken breasts.
- Slice the Swiss cheese. Place a slice on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Check the chicken with a thermometer to ensure that it's fully cooked.
- Serve hot.