Yield: 8 scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup half & half
- Zest of one large lemon
- Additional sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add the half & half and lemon peel. Mix just until moistened.
- Gather the dough into a ball. Transfer to a baking stone of greased baking sheet.
- Flatten into 8 inch diameter circle. Using a knife, score dough into eight pieces without cutting all the way through.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve warm with a fruit curd.