Yield: 2 loaves + 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 7 bananas
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) mini chocolate chips
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add bananas and mash. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix by hand.
- It's important to not overmix. Overmixing will cause the muffins to not rise properly. Mix just long enough to get the dry ingredients moistened.